It will likely come as no surprise that one of the first questions we get asked here at KWD Apps is this: how much does it cost to build an app?
We’re sorry to say it, but the answer is not as simple as applying a single figure to every app we make. Depending on the requirements and functionalities of the app, the quote we provide at KWD can be anywhere from $20k to $100k. A massive range, we know.
You may even come across quotes from other mobile app development companies as low as $10k. So why such a huge difference?
As with any investment, the amount you spend depends on several factors, including quality, time, features, and more. Let us take you through these cost factors in a little more detail, so you can get a better idea of how much you might spend on your idea.
Read Interesting articles about Website Design at KWD NZ.
1. Experience and expertise
Experience and price go hand in hand in mobile app development. Entry-level developers will be able to help with many simple projects, plus tasks such as debugging and maintenance. On the other hand, if you want to implement advanced features in your app, you will need the help of more senior developers.
2. The platform you use
The platform you choose to build on, whether Android, iOS or both, will also factor into your app development costs. While it would be most beneficial if you used both, you could also start with one and allow time for initial returns on your investment. That is a great option if your budget is low and you just want to get your app off the ground.
There are plenty of technical pros and cons to choosing one or the other, but your main concern should be which platform your customers use. Let us do what we can to overcome the technical cons of choosing just one platform. Market research will tell you which platform your customers are more likely to be using, based on your target demographic.
3. Mobile app technologies
The technologies used in mobile apps are not all the same. Which one you choose will also, therefore, influence the cost of your app. Here are some of the mobile app technology types:
- Web apps – are mobile-friendly websites with smooth user interfaces, the cheapest option.
- Native apps – are built using a coding language that is “native” to an operating system. For example, Java for Android or Swift for iOS.
- Cross-platform apps – are built using a single code source that can be used across platforms.
4. Mobile app features
The more features you would like in your app, the more complex the project will be. Any additional feature will require more developer hours – and we really value the time our developers put into their work!
For example, integrating an in-app feature such as a log-in or survey form could take around 15 developer hours. Some other features you might want to include could be:
- App logins and sign-ons
- Calendar bookings
- Business view/vendor portal
- Product catalogues
- Push notifications
- Video streaming
Why we charge what we charge
At KWD Apps, we take pride in creating top-quality, bespoke mobile apps for a wide range of businesses. Whatever your industry, whatever the size of your company, we know that we can build you something truly special.
What we offer is not just some app created from a template. Our clients deserve the best, so we make sure to provide the best value for your money that you could ask for. We have a fantastic team of experienced project managers and developers who apply the best of their skills to every project.
What We Offer
Whatever kind of mobile app you need, part of what you pay for includes a top-quality, start-to-finish service from our expert team. We can work with web, iOS Native, Android Native, and Hybrid mobile app development. From its initial development to future updates, support, and upgrades, we help throughout the app’s full lifecycle.
Our process, in a nutshell:
- We start with a plan. By getting to know your requirements for a mobile app, we will help you establish a strategy for its development and launch. Part of this step includes creating all the initial designs and wireframes.
- Based on your feedback and the expertise of our UX/UI design professionals, we will refine the design until you are 100% happy with it. Upon your approval, we will proceed to development. Our experienced developers are well-versed in all the most relevant and up-to-date programming languages. Using an agile development methodology, they are the ones who will create the code for your new app.
- After publishing your app, this is not the last you see of us. We provide ongoing support throughout the app’s launch, help you get it listed, and give you advice on how to maximise downloads. Over time, we will be here to provide ongoing support, including upgrades and enhancements to functionality as you need it.
Get in touch with KWD Apps today to get started!